Phebe Wahl | July 15, 2020 | People
Yoga Shanti founder Colleen Saidman Yee is often called the "first lady of yoga" for her deeply rooted commitment to the wellness community and initiatives like the Urban Zen Integrative Therapy Program. Here are her five staples of healthy living.
1. My go-to superfood is love, connection, movement, breath and meditation. For me, nuts and eggs are the new kale.
2. When I get off my wellness routine, all I need to do is get some sleep, and all else becomes obvious. When I am exhausted, all other wellness routines go down the chute and I go right back to my big addiction, which is sugar.
3. Every day, I practice self-care by starting my day with breathwork, meditation, asana and coffee with ghee and MCT oil.
4. I can’t stop scrolling the Instagram feed of Emma González, @emmawise18.
5. My top three things for maintaining a healthy life are service, sex and sleep (and yoga, of course).
Photography by: Zev Starr-Tambor